The History of LEO Pharma

In 1908, pharmacists August Kongsted and Anton Antons bought the LEO Pharmacy in Copenhagen, Denmark. With the purchase, they established 'Københavns Løveapoteks kemiske Fabrik', today known as LEO Pharma.
From humble beginnings in the basement of the Copenhagen pharmacy, LEO Pharma has grown into a truly global company, helping people all over the world to enjoy a better quality of life. LEO Pharma celebrated its centennial in 2008. Flags bearing the LEO logo were flying in every country where LEO products are available, more than a hundred flags in total.
Today, LEO Pharma is stronger than ever with a growing global presence, a dedicated work force of more than 4,800 specialists and a strong pipeline of unrivalled pharmaceutical products within dermatology and critical care.
Read more about our history

Download the LEO Pharma history timeline (pdf)